Monday, June 1, 2009

Standby

I had an amazingly productive weekend, having spent most of the day Sunday down at Wayne's workshop, where he hosts an open lab once a month for his students. I'm working on some new hats for the shop, and potentially for another seller that I'll tell you about later if the opportunity pans out.

This outfit was thown together in the morning before work, so it's pretty much a rework of this one. I find that when I'm pressed for time, I tend to gravitate towards the orange/navy combination, because I have a lot of items in those colors and have gotten really adept at putting combinations together with them. It's always good to have a standby core wardrobe with which you can put together outfits effortlessly. What are your go-to combinations when you're in a hurry?

Striped top, skirt: Target
Orange top: Tulle
Scarf: Banana Republic
Shoes: Azura

7 comments:

notSupermum said...

I always go for black and white when really pushed for time, or black and red. I have enough items of each colour to throw an outfit together pretty quickly is need be.

Sal said...

Wow. My default color combo? Black and white. I love that yours is orange and navy! Even if those ARE my high school colors. ;)

i_b_erin said...

Mine tend to be a color (green turq or orange) with brown. Lots of good standby's and layers of these colors.

After just wearing stripes last week, I like the idea of your stripe tshirt with this plaid skirt, very fresh! Thanks for the inspiration!

http://erandomthoughts.blogspot.com/

Diana said...

Orange and navy is a great combo, and it looks fab on you. My go-to combo is usually a mix of black, grey, white and red.

Nadine said...

Red and blue for me.

Off-topic: I love your work and dressed "a la Audi" today:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22775726@N04/3591019698/

Sheila said...

Turquoise, brown and orange - any combination of those colours. I have almost no navy in my wardrobe (I used to have a navy 4 piece suit of dress, jacket, pants and skirt, but I gave it away when it got too small). I'll be doing one of my default outfits tomorrow, since I've been off for 4 days and haven't thought of outfits since last week.

You look great in this!

Emily Kennedy said...

Hm. I think my go to combo is teal and brown. Though, the other go to I follow is just a cashmere sweater. With just about anything. Especially when it's zero degrees out.