Thursday, June 25, 2009

Conference Wear

I'm at a biotech conference in Seattle this week, and this is the first of 3 days' worth of conference wear (I photographed the outfits at home when I was packing -- how organized is that?). I decided to bring nothing but flat shoes, since I knew I'd probably be doing a fair amount of walking. Not only that, but I wanted to have a bit of variety in my footwear selections, and flats pack a lot more compactly than heels and boots.

Ironically, since I was here over the weekend I spent a lot of time with my good friends Jess and Lisa, and of course the first thing we did was to go shopping and buy shoes. As impressively light as I packed to come here, I'll now have to check a bag on the way home because of the new pairs. Ah well, it was worth it -- no amount of fabulous online deals can beat shoe shopping in a real shoe store with your best girlfriends.

Top: thrifted
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Skirt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Bobbi Blu

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I love your conference wear. Great skirt!

I went to conference for work in Florida a few years ago. I brought skirts, simple tops and a jacket that went with everything. Kitten heels. I was easily the most dressed up there, every day.

Stephanie N. said...

That's such a pretty bracelet.

The last work-related conference I attended was a Costume Society of America symposium... historians, museum curators, preservationists, living history presenters, and the occasional costume designer like myself... and I often felt underdressed and under-artistically-dressed.

Sal said...

Can't WAIT to see what you bought!

Liane said...

Hope you have a great time in Seattle, seeing as that's where I am!

Mervat said...

Love these shades of blue/green on you. And I look forward to seeing the other shoes. And I agree with you about personal shopping as opposed to on-line. Though it is nice when the postman visits!