Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tourniquet

When I bought this vintage minidress, the neck and arm holes were tight enough that I could have used the dress as a giant tourniquet to cut off my entire blood supply. Some simple alterations took care of that, and now it allows both circulation and comfort. The shade of orange has got to be one of the brightest I've ever seen, so I added plenty of white to the outfit in order to to wash it out a little.

Hat: a gift from Kimberly
Minidress: Light Years Vintage
Shirt: H&M
Cropped pants: La Redoute
Shoes: Camper

10 comments:

bekster said...

Nice.

Mervat said...

The stripes and peddle pushers lend a French feel! Vous êtes très belle!

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad the mini was able to be altered to be wearable because it is super fantastic on you!!! Love the stripes and the scarf pattern!

WendyB said...

Cute, I agree with the above comment, very French!

Fashion and more said...

Happy colours, great outfit.

Stephanie N. said...

It's so nice how the scarf ties everything together.

Sal said...

I agree with Stephanie, the scarf is the perfect finishing touch!

The Seeker said...

I love it my dear, and I also agree that the scarf is such a great detail!!!

xoxo

Shannon - www.thedailybalance.com said...

i love your blog --- LOVE your style!

I have a fashion themed contest on my blog every Friday -- you should enter!

www.thedailybalance.com

Glamour-Och-Fläskpannkaka said...

lovely scarf and shoes!