Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sadistic

Some fashion problems simply can't be fixed no matter how hard you might try, and these shoes are one such problem. Cute though they are, they're also unbearably uncomfortable and there's no other solution but to jettison them. I've been able to rescue several other pairs by modifying them in one way or another; generally it involves ripping out the existing insoles and replacing them with Superfeet, but in this case it's not an option because the shoes pinch in every possible way. Even just standing in them hurts, never mind walking. Adorable but sadistic shoes, you have tortured my feet for the last time. I'm sorry to see you go, but then again I'm not.

On the other hand, these cotton leggings are the best. They're breathable, have a non-constrictive waistband, and take the chill off without being too warm. I'm planning on stocking up on a few more colors and making them a staple this summer.

Scarf: from a local import store
Dress: Orla Kiely
Leggings: Foot Traffic, via Sockdreams
Shoes: Pink Studio

10 comments:

Mervat said...

I love this look on you! That colour is so yummy!

I have posted what I chose for your recent contest. I liked the colours, so I thought to post it. I'd love to know what you think even though I am not in the running.

xo

Jane said...

I love the dress. I know what you mean about the shoes. I have had to part with several pairs that I fell in love with but hated my feet.

Boutique Girl said...

Nice scarf!

Stephanie N. said...

This dress is so cute! It's very similar to one I have in mind to build this summer.

Good for you for getting rid of the sadistic shoes.

Sal said...

Too bad about those adorable shoes ... but you're right, if there's no way to make them less torturous, off they go!

Love that cheery dress.

LeeHovey said...

I have the same problem with a pair of my fave shoes. THey are very similar to yours actually. Mine are cream with brown buckles, but they have the same tiny peep toe that pinches and smooshes my toes so bad... but I love them, LOL!!

Simple Elegance said...

I love those leggings! Thanks for including the link - I've been trying to figure out where I could find some non-black leggings, and that site definitely has lots of options.

- tessa said...

So sad about your shoes. Have you tried having a professional stretch them? They can increase them by up to 1/2 size if they are leather, and a little less so if not. I have done this so many times (I have wide feet so I have this problem often) that I bought my own stretchers - which has turned out to be one of my best fashion investments.

- tessa the blog-less

Glamour-Och-Fläskpannkaka said...

a lovely dress!
love the colour!

Emily Kennedy said...

Woo hoo! Bye bye blue shoes. I've been suspicious of their intentions ever since the first time you wore them!