Friday, May 15, 2009

Prom Queen


Charlotte charged me with exhibiting my prom picture, per the instructions in this tag:

The rules:
~ Upload your prom picture. If you don't have one, email your mom and have her send it to you.
~ Don’t forget to include the year it was taken. Again, don't be shy. The older the better.
~ Grab the "Prom Queen" button and add to your post. Isn't the button adorable? Thank you Danielle, The Design Girl. You must check out her fabulous sale!
~ Copy and paste the rules to your blog.
~ Tag 5 others!

Well Charlotte, you asked for it, you got it. In all its over-the-top lacey extravagance and ridiculous 80's makeup glory, here is my high school prom picture:


The year was 1986 and I was a junior at Del Campo High in a suburb of Sacramento. I went to the prom with a friend who ran in the same circle of friends as I did. I have no idea where I got that dress, but I do know one thing: it had a hell of a lot of lace going on. Funny that, because I was never much of a girly-girl in high school. What prompted me to don that Stevie Nicks special I shall never, never know. My dress the next year was all black velvet and satin with a sexy plunging neckline and cutout back, but I couldn't find a photo from that dance. Anyway, this one's way funnier.

I've seen quite a few of these things going around and don't want to re-tag anyone, so I'll just let you all share if you're game.

9 comments:

Gillian said...

I love the awkward hand-holding.

Simple Elegance said...

Love the eighties dress! It reminds me of Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink.

Kimberly said...

BEST Prom Post yet!!! Love it!! thanks for sharing!

Nadine said...

I love the dress, and your hair is AMAZING!

notSupermum said...

Lovely photo, you look cute! Proms were purely an American idea when I was at school, so no photo from me (phew!) but nowadays it's becoming more common here in the UK for high schools to hold prom nights. Maybe my daughters will get to do it?

Stephanie N. said...

If there were a prize for best prom post, you'd be in the running! Your hair, it, like, has a life of it own here. And your date, I'm pretty sure he has a teensy bit of a mullet going on, or at least it's hinting at one. Fabulous!

Also, I just guessed your age based on your junior prom year. Wow. I would have guessed much younger.

Sheila said...

Ha! You look amazing, Audi! Very 80s...ah, takes me back. This is close to what a lot of my friends wore to Grad (check out my post).

Herbee said...

Love the lace gloves! I came pretty close to guessing the year when I saw your awesome hairdo!

I figured I'd join the fun and post my prom pic on my blog, too!

Eyeliah SS said...

This photo is beyond awesome!