Monday, May 18, 2009

Origami

Here's another fabulous item from Attila Design -- this 'origami' skirt. The skirt has two threaded channels that allow the length to be adjusted up or down. I had a great time playing around with it; adjusting the length and turning the skirt this way and that to find just the shape I was going for. The skirt is light enough for summer, but will also look great with my tulle skirts layered underneath when the temperatures drop again.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I recently discovered pettipants (sort of like bloomers) and have found them to be a revelation. Was I the only person on earth who didn't know about these things? They're like a slip except that they're shorts, so they keep skirts from getting caught on your tights and bunching up when you walk (not an issue with this outfit, but frequently a problem for me). I bought some of the silky kind, but I also got a couple of cotton pairs for warmer days when I don't need tights or leggings.

Top: Susina
Velvet vest: vintage 90's dug out of my closet
Skirt: Attila Design
Boots: Mia

14 comments:

Szafa Biurowej said...

nice shoes

tzaddi-93 said...

Pettipants have been around for a long time. My mother introduced me to them--she wore them in the 50s & 60s. It's one of those ideas that kind of comes and goes. They are brilliant, but you can't always find them. It's like lingerie manufacturers forget how great a product they are and stop making them.

phantasnight said...

jeez...pettipants...;))...my grandma's been trying to hand me down her collection (never-worn, of course :D:D:D...she has quite a lot :-? )...so far she didn't manage though , but she keeps trying :D... come to think of it, they would look kinda cool worn as an over-garment rather than an under one, maybe over colour-block leggings or something :D...

http://phantasnight.blogspot.com/

fröken lila said...

never heard of them before, but sounds like a smart idea! now i'd just like to know what they'd be called here in germany so i can get myself a pair or two of those...

Sarah said...

What is the advantage over a half-slip? I have neither right now, but I need something! Just need to buy myself some tricot for the making...

Boutique Girl said...

Great boots!

Stephanie N. said...

Yeah, that problem of my skirt and slip bunching up in front on my legwear drives me nuts. Some days, I feel like it must look like I'm constantly tugging them out from my crotch area. I knew about pettipants, but I hadn't thought to give them a try for that solution. I also didn't know that manufacturers were still making them. Huh. Thanks for the links.

Sal said...

That skirt is glorious, lady! And I'll have to look into some pettipants ... my slips are woefully ineffective.

Kasmira said...

I like the pettipants link! I think they'd be good under a skirt or dress if you were to ride your bike.

i_b_erin said...

I have been a pettipant wearer for years, esp since I wear skirts most of the time. ( I lovingly call them my bloomers!)
In a pinch I wear mens boxers, silky, so skirts stay down nicely. I find the longer styles of boxers work well, but sometimes the waistbands are tooo thick, so I alter them.

All for the glory of wearing skirts and not having the dreaded ride up the legs look!
And your skirt...as usual you ROCK!

see you there! said...

Pettipants a the secret to wearing skirts with your bare legs in hot weather - no rub to put it bluntly.

Love your skirt.

Darla

hillary said...

why is it only now when it is warming up do I learn this? Creeping up skirts is SUCH an issue with even a slip! When it gets stuck to your tights and then you have to play with it. OH MAN thank you for sharing!

Kimberly said...

Ahh, Pettipants - I must order some!! I have a few pairs of loose shaper shorts that I wear to keep the rubbing at a minimum, but these look prettier and seem like they would be cooler.
Audi, you look gorgeous and dramatic byt the way ~ super cool skirt!

bekster said...

I have been wearing them for years now, but I never knew they were called pettipants. They are so awesome for preventing chafing. I don't remember where the ones I have came from; otherwise, I already would have bought more. Thanks to you, now I know what it is I'm looking for. :)