Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Made of Stone

Bloomers at work? Of course I'm wearing bloomers at work -- I mean, you knew it had to happen sooner or later, right? What other wacky clothing item could I try, having already sported an apron, a cheerleader top, and 70's pimpin' patchwork boots? What was really left for me to try to surprise my colleagues with? Bloomers, that's what. And true to form, nobody said a damn thing about them except my boss, who merely commented, "Cute outfit!" These people are made of stone, I tell you. Stone.

The bloomers are from my new favorite store, Five and Diamond. And though they do push the boundaries a little, I think I managed to make them look pretty reasonable for the office by pairing them with the button-down shirt and flat shoes. They're a fun alternative to cropped pants, are the perfect weight for summertime, and are super comfy to boot.

Striped shirt: Promod
Black shirt: Max Studio
Waistcoat: Promod
Bloomers: Wild Card
Shoes: Bobbi Brown

14 comments:

Jane said...

I love them - what kind of reaction did you get from your co-workers. Open-mouthed admiration, I hope?

notSupermum said...

OMG, no reaction? OK, here's the plan, you have to go into work wearing a completely boring, straight outfit. Something so ordinary it would normally get no reaction from the man in the street, but your coworkers will be agog. I'm sure of it. Either that, or go into work naked.

Good luck x

Stephanie N. said...

Hooray for bringing back bloomers!

Herbee said...

This outfit is so cool and fun...I love it!I wonder if your co-workers talk about your outfits once they get home? I can't believe they don't give you any reaction!

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

No reaction??? What are these people - nerdy scientist?? :-)

I am loving the bloomers, lady. Not many people could get by with them, but you have styled them fantastically!

eednic said...

the bloomers are really cute! i like them alot!

Sal said...

Awwwright! You're full STEAM ahead now, aren't you, beautiful?

And geez, your coworkers must be really busy, focused people. Maybe you should try, like, a Christmas sweater with blinking lights and see if you get a reaction.

Diana said...

That's so funny - all I have to do is wear a dress and heels, and everyone at work comments about how dressed up I am. I guess all your co-workers have come to expect eclectic styles from you :)

i_b_erin said...

Yep, they are made of stone!

My co-workers always comment on my outfits, because of my blog. (plus I sucker them into taking my pics for me)

The bloomers are awesome! We out here in blogger land with love and notice them for you!

Jennie said...

Bloomers?? I never thought of that!
I LOVE them. What a cute idea!

Your outfit looks great today, by the way! :)

ambika said...

This is the 2nd pair of bloomers I've seen this week! I love them and am dying to make my own pair.

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh, this is just a fabulous outfit. I don't know if I would have the guts to pull off bloomers, but if that was a skirt...? But then, if I'd wear it as a skirt, what's to say that bloomers are that hard?

Thanks for being such an amazing inspiration!

The Frocker said...

Your boss is right though -- this is a cute outfit! To be honest, I never thought bloomers would look good, but they look great on you.