Thursday, May 21, 2009

Going South

Mark and I are taking off for the weekend to head south for a weekend of wine tasting, beer tasting, and general fun with some friends. In my absence I thought I'd share a couple of outfit photos from a recent 80's night we attended at the Cat Club with our friend Tom.

Those New Rock boots I'm wearing have about a 3 or 4-inch platform. They're not very easy to dance in (especially since they're actually Mark's and are a couple sizes too big), but they definitely fit the goth look I was going for. Ironically, I didn't even really need to use very much white makeup in order to achieve that corpse-like complexion. Tom really stole the show that night with his Adam Ant "Dandy Highwayman" outfit. I think the sideburns really make the look.

I hope all my friends here in the US enjoy the long weekend. Happy Memorial Day everyone, and I'll see you next week!

11 comments:

Stephanie N. said...

This looks like it was SO MUCH FUN. Wow.

Antoinette said...

Have a wonderful weekend :-)

Herbee said...

Great! Now I've got "Ant Music" stuck in my head! LOL!

Looks like it was a fun party and the outfits are fantastic!

Elaine said...

WOW, that looks like you had so much fun!!!!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

wardrobeexperience said...

I've tagged you! please check out my blog for details!
xx
http://www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com/

Eyeliah SS said...

You guys are so good at dress up, mo wonder you can rock the burning man!! love that pale face on you. :-)

Fashion and more said...

You look great !!!

Shawn said...

Love the boots! Love the stockings also.... YOU ROCK!!

Diana said...

Amazing outfits! The Adam Ant costume is incredible.

Mervat said...

Your friend pulled off the Adam Ant look perfectly! And you and MArk look terrific. Love your eyes!

Sheila said...

Awesome outfits! What a fun theme.

Have a great weekend!