Thursday, April 23, 2009

Voluminous

***DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY CONTEST! TIME IS RUNNING OUT!***
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't wear this skirt very often because it tends to drive me a little nuts. Though I adore all the pleating and volume, I hate the fact that it bunches up on itself and gets stuck around my legs when I walk. I'm constantly fighting with it during the day; just walking down the hallway is a chore, and trying to pee is an absolute nightmare. To show you just how voluminous this skirt is, and how much fabric I have to cope with when I wear it, I did a Kasmira-style twirl for you. That's the remote for my camera there in my hand, in case you're wondering.

After examining the construction of the skirt more closely, I realized that the problems stem from the underneath layer of fabric, which is not a simple lining but another full circle skirt. The 2 layers of fabric rub against each other and bunch up because both are the same clingy cotton. So after years of owning this nerve-wracking (albeit lovely) garment, I finally figured out that if I just cut out the underneath layer and wear a slip instead, it'll be a lot more bearable. Too bad I didn't figure that out before I wore it today.

Drape-neck tank: thrifted
t-shirt: Supermaggie
Skirt: Sisley
Scarf (as belt): Express, circa 1992
Tights, socks: Sock Dreams
Boots: Fly London

12 comments:

Brittney said...

(Hi, I'm new! :) )

Man, I love making discoveries/ 'fixing' items in my wardrobe! Im' glad you did too. I must also say that I adore the purple skirt/teal socks combo. Looks lovely!

fröken lila said...

ohhhh, the contest! you really picked a hard one. i'll have to go on bending my mind and my wardrobe a little, but that's just healthy i suppose.

Tina said...

You look very pretty today. I love the color combo, esp the scarf!

As I was reading your post, I was thinking, "well she needs a slip." And it wasn't until you got to the part about the skirt having 2 layers of the same cotton that I had a head-smack moment. I have a skirt that does the same thing, and no slip ever fixed it. So THANK YOU for pointing out the simple solution of getting rid of the under layer. I think I'll be doing a little sewing this weekend.

Herbee said...

I just cut a cotton lining out of a cotton skirt, too! LOL! Your purple twirly skirt is gorgeous and I love the teal with it!

Sal said...

I know just what you mean - voile can be so STICKY when it's layered. Glad you took the plunge and axed the underskirt. It's such a fun color I'd hate to see it go unworn.

Stephanie N. said...

Oh, how I LOVE these colors together!

Sheila said...

Why do they line skirts with clingy materials?? That just drives me crazy. I wore a huge circle skirt yesterday and it actually had a slippy polyester lining, but that bunched up around my waist when I walked.

You look great in this! Love your boots.

Sher said...

At least you fixed that skirt. It would be a shame to get rid of it. It's such a pretty color :)

fashionafterforty.blogspot.com

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I know!!! Your hats are amazing and I am dying to win , if you've read my blog my camera broke. I still have time so I'm sure I'll get it in, and the outfit is planned and laid out ready to snap - lol! :-)

Nadine said...

Voluminous skirts are surprisingly hard work - I have one that's also a bit too long for my (mid-calf), and it's a flaming nuisance getting into the car in it.

Jane said...

I love the colours and the scarf belt. I have clothes that I love but hate to wear too.

disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,情趣用品,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片