Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rainbow

Ah, at long last -- a comment from one of my coworkers today. I was told that amidst 'a sea of gray and black' I was 'a rainbow.' How lovely! At least one of those nerds notices.
:-p

Today I used the rich burgundy color as a way of toning down the brighter colors. This bubblegum pink skirt has a tendency to look too juvenile if I don't add some modifying elements, and with the graphic tee I was dangerously close to crossing into age-inappropriate territory. At the last minute I also threw in the scarf as another way to make the overall look more mature.

It occurred to me that today's outfit would do quite well for the contest I've got going this month. So far I have a few willing participants but no actual entries; I'm assuming you're all going to take most of the month to plan your outfit and will spring it on me near the deadline. Don't wait too long though! Get your photos in by the end of the month for a chance to win a handmade hat, which coincidentally would match perfectly with the outfit I have on today.

Scarf: vintage
T-Shirt: Gama Go
Cardigan: American Eagle
Skirt: Lemon Twist
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Sofft

11 comments:

Stephanie N. said...

Yep, I'm planning on doing it toward the end of the month, maybe a couple of entries. How should we let you know that we have posted an entry?

And I love these colors together. It feels very naughty-yet-nice.

i_b_erin said...

Dont worry..planning my outfit..
and accidently bought a pair of pink shoes that will have to be part of the contest.
I RARELY..if ever wear pink1

Beth said...

Love this color combination. I have a couple of pink items and often feel they can look too cutesy. Thanks for showing an example of using pink well -- and giving ideas for the contest!

Jane said...

I am still thinking about the contest. How lovely to be compared to a rainbow.

Sal said...

You are SUCH a rainbow. The Gama-go tee looks fantastic!

Audi said...

Stephanie N.: Just email me or post a comment anywhere on the blog and give me the link to your photo. Or if you're not posting it, send it to me in an email.

wardrobeexperience said...

whhhoooohaaa! i just discovered your blog some days ago and i like it very much! your sense of mixing several colors and patterns is amazing. just go on like that!

I added your blog to my list of links. Maybe you like to add mine to your list... would make me very happy!
http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com/

kittyscreations said...

I absolutely love this color combination! I've always thought that pink and green work nicely together, but that burgandy really makes the outfit shine.

notSupermum said...

Congratulations on getting a comment from your colleagues, and a positive one too! You must have woken them from their sartorial slumber.

Honeybunches of Roses said...

I'm just now finding your blog and I'm all in for the contest. So you will see an entry soon. Thanks for posting a reminder, because technically this is my first time knowing about the contest.

Lmac said...

Cute skirt! And what a sweet compliment!