Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dyslexic

This dress always makes me want to go swing dancing. And that makes me sort of sad because I strongly suspect that I'll never be able to swing dance, no matter how hard I might try. It's not that I can't dance, it's that I'm hopelessly uncoordinated when it comes to following a choreographed sequence. When everyone else is turning left, I'll be the loser going right. And yet, just look at those gams! -- they were made to swing, and tango and salsa. Alas, it is not meant to be. However, my legs do have the ability to look great in a short dress, so I console myself with the fact that anyone looking at me would never guess that I'm a completely dyslexic dancer.

This gray dress is a 1940's reproduction and is a great base for layering because of the fitted bodice. I topped it with this lightweight cardigan since it was a little cooler today, and added waist definition with this wide elastic belt.

*edited to add this close-up of the jewelry at the request of Sheila and Tina*

Cardigan: H&M
Dress, belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Gabriella Rocha

9 comments:

Nadine said...

Oh come on, Audi. Give it a go! I'm a dance teacher and I know how much fun you'll have! I teach adults as well as kids, and let me tell you, if you can walk, you can dance! I feel so disappointed when people are too scared to try because they believe they are 'unco'.

(You look absolutely gorgeous, by the way.)

Jane said...

I love the mix of yellow, green and grey. The shape of the outfit suits you perfectly.

Kimberly said...

Even though this is one of your more simple outfits it is absolute perfection! Love the mix of colors and those green shoes are fabulous!

Sheila said...

I love the green accents. I'm all about the details - I wish I could see your jewelry (bracelet, earrings, pin) better! Those are great tights too.

Tina said...

I agree with Sheila, I was wishing I could see your jewelry better. Great look today!

Sal said...

I can so relate - aimless wiggling I love, but choreography? Yikes.

Love those great green shoes, lady.

kittyscreations said...

I tried to take dance classes for three years, and then realized that I was hopelessly uncoordinated.
I love every part of this outfit - the pale yellow cardi, the dress, the green shoes, all of it!

Kasmira said...

Lovely outfit! I'm a fan of the colors and the fit.

Anne (in Reno) said...

The fit on that dress is so flattering! You look great! I love the green and yellow combo, too. And where on earth did you find all that gorgeous jewelry? I can't believe you dress like this to go to work, I'm so jealous!