Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Contest!

OK, here's what I'm giving you to work with for my first-ever contest:



The rules are simple:
1. Build an outfit inspired by this interior. An example of how I used an interior as inspiration for an outfit can be found here.
2. Post a photo of the outfit on your blog or Flickr page, or just send it to me.
3. That's it! You have until the end of April to submit your photo. The winner will receive one of my handmade felt hats (the style I've chosen is pretty much one size fits all). Men are more than welcome to enter as well, though if you win you'll need to send me your size and I'll custom make a men's style for you.

Now, here's the thing: this contest is judged, not selected at random. I'll be showing the photos (minus any info about you) to a panel of friends, family, coworkers -- anyone I think is unfamiliar enough with the blog not to know much or anything about my regular commenters, fellow bloggers, etc. I'll ask each person to vote for 3 outfits, and whichever one gets the most votes wins. My goal in doing it this way is to really encourage everyone to give it their best effort and get creative, but in order to keep it as unbiased as possible I'm excluding myself from the judging. Use whatever you want in the photo to inspire you: the color scheme, the style, the patterns, whatever. The idea is not to translate the interior literally, but rather to use it as a starting point around which to build an interesting look. If you want to increase your chances, you can submit more than one outfit during the month. Oh, and international entries are welcome! Good luck everyone, have fun and get creative!

15 comments:

i_b_erin said...

ohhhh count me in.
Besides I LOVE green. What a great room!I love the painting, we have a rug at work that would go excellent with it. (hazards of working in a furniture store)

Looking forward to your guests! Im sure you can get Sal in your pics!!

Enjoy yourselves! peace, Erin

Herbee said...

Cool...I'm excited! I'm already thinking of combinations from my closet...hmmm...
(love that olive artwork, too!)

Wasted Wishes said...

So excited! I love the interior, and can't wait to put together an outfit!

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Can't wait! Already put it together in my head!

Beth said...

What a fantastic idea! Thank you for continuing to encourage our creativity. LOVE the room and can't wait to see the outfits...whether or not I manage to pull on together myself;-)

Mervat said...

Count me in!!

Charlotte Sometimes said...

I love the colours in that room.

I keep looking in my wardrobe to see how I can make this happen!

bekster said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but you showed up in my dream last night. I was back in high school and you were my science teacher... and the assignment was to make a hat (not that that has anything to do with science, but it seems appropriate enough). :)

Candycane said...

I'm going to have a look in my wardrobe and see what I can come up with .... have you had many entries, will you post them all up?

xXx

penny patten said...

I'm in, as you know the pictures are on my Blog for the contest. Thanks, it was a lot of fun! Penny

Candycane said...

Hi I would like to enter your comp - fab Idea I loved putting the outfit together ...

http://candycaneisgettingmarried.blogspot.com/2009/04/contest-no-1.html

Kasmira said...

I'm wearing my contest outfit today, but won't get a picture till this evening. It will be up tomorrow!

Kasmira said...

DONE!

http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2009/04/to-match-room.html

Simple Elegance said...

I hope I'm not too late! My outfit is posted here:

http://kittyscreations.wordpress.com/2009/05/03/daily-outfit-interior-inspiration/

徵信社 said...

I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
謝謝你的文章分享,請你有空到我

參觀,Thanks