Wednesday, March 4, 2009

One Skirt 3 Ways: Day 1

This is the first of the 3 outfits I put together for Jane's One Skirt 3 Ways challenge. I chose this tulle skirt because it's among the most versatile in my wardrobe. Though Jane was kind enough to change her original rules and allow the challenge-takers to wear the three outfits during a 2-week period, I decided I'll wear mine 3 days in a row because it really pushes my boundaries. Given that limitation, I think I was extra creative in coming up with three looks that are different enough that perhaps my coworkers won't notice the fact that I'm wearing the same damn thing over and over.

Maroon top: INC
Orange top: LA Made
Scarf: Promod
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Skirt: Noa Noa
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Steve Madden

6 comments:

Stephanie N. said...

Looks great to me! I bet your co-workers won't notice the skirt repetition. Love how that scarf ties it all together. And just plain love the scarf.

Jane said...

I would be really interested to know how your co workers react and I love the skirt. Most of us have gone for plain ones so I admire your bravery:)

Sheila said...

I'm new to your blog (I'm doing Jane's skirt challenge as well) and I have to say, man, I love your style! Great colour mixes, hats (oh, the hats!) and you even have multiple pairs of Fluevogs! A gal after my own heart.

I will be back.

I love the tulle skirt. Great with the toning burgundy top, red accents and superb mix of the textures in the scarf, belt and hose.

fröken lila said...

another new one here, also through the skirt-challenge.. i've spent several hours browsing your blog and find it so inspiring!!
i love this skirt, and i wish i had the money for some noa noa stuff (living in germany and norway gives at least easy access to their stores), but right now i don't.. still, i'll keep a look out for a skirt like this because i really fell in love with it! it's so pretty!

Sal said...

You're so fabulous. I, of course, would've picked a black pencil skirt and gone all boring. Can't wait to see this tulle beauty make its next appearance tomorrow!

Tess said...

This is one of my favorite outfits on you. The skirt is lovely and you've really worked beautifully with the color palette. I can't wait to see your other looks with this skirt.