Friday, March 13, 2009

Fueling My Desire


Today I was accosted by a woman in the cafeteria who just had to tell me that these were the cutest shoes she'd EVER SEEN. Did she realize she was just fueling my desire to purchase another pair of John Fluevogs? They have so many adorable new styles right now that are just melting my heart; I may need to invest in a new pair soon.

Today's unlikely mixture of colors is held together by the jewelry, which contains navy, green, and teal. I added the red belt for a little shock of contrasting color, since the whole outfit is fairly washed out otherwise. The green jacket is thrifted; originally it had one really ugly brass button that by itself didn't hold the jacket closed in a very flattering way. My local tailor added another buttonhole for me and I replaced the buttons with these cute anchor motif ones. They were very bright and shiny when I bought them, but I 'antiqued' them by holding them over a flame until they blackened, wiping off the excess soot, and then sealing them with a clear resin.

Hat: Seeberger
Cardigan: H&M
Dress: Noa Noa
Belt: Anne Klein
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: John Fluevog
Jewelry: ?? wish I could remember

12 comments:

sallymandy said...

That's really cute, Audi. I love the Fluevogs too.

I've never had a pair of that brand. In your experience, do they fit true to size? I need to buy stuff mostly online; these are not available where I live.

Thanks

I enjoy your blog.

notSupermum said...

I really admire your attention to detail - it would never occur to me to do that to the buttons, or get the extra button hole!

Shannon said...

I have been following your blog for a while now and I have to say that I love your sense of style. I wait each day to see the new outfits - thanks for the inspiration!

Kate (a.k.a. Mrs. Makeover) said...

Very festive! It seems appropriate that it's almost St. Paddy's Day.

Stephanie N. said...

Very cute. And did you know that you're wearing an adjacent-complementary color scheme? I get all giddy-nerdy when I notice something like that.

I guess we'll get to see some fun new Fleuvogs soon?

kittyscreations said...

Those are some lovely shoes. The new Fluevog styles are so awesome, especially the Fiorenzas.

Jess said...

I. Love. That. Jacket. want. xo

Karen said...

I love those shoes, they go so well with all your vintagey stuff. The jacket is really killer too, wear it Tuesday while drinking your beer and eating your corned beef!

Mervat said...

As always, looking super fine and you are super ingenious for changing the button details like that! How do you do it?
Mervat
xxoo

Sheila said...

Awesome outfit! I got 2 pairs of Fluevogs yesterday...I can't wait to wear them.

I love your jewelry.

Lily Zemuner said...

Green for the St. Patrick's Day??
I loved your outfit!

XOXO
Lily

becca said...

Amazing shoes!