Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Brighter Shade of Teal

I've had this cardigan for well over a year now and this is the first time I've worn it. I've tried; oh, believe me I've tried. For some reason it just hasn't quite worked in any combination until now, perhaps because it's a brighter shade of teal than anything else I own, which makes it tough to tie into an outfit. I'm glad I didn't give up in frustration and get rid of it, because I like the way it brings out the grass green in this beautiful (and as far as I can tell, unworn) J. Crew shirt that I found a couple weekends ago at Goodwill.

Hat: Alternative Design Studio
Shirt: J. Crew, thrifted
Cardigan: Solemio
Trousers: Anthropologie
Shoes: Gabriella Rocha

14 comments:

Summer said...

First to comment..;D
You already have that for a year,but this is just the first time you will wear it?Oh my,you should wear it often as you could...;D
It is so great on you friend..I love the way you put together those stuff..;D
Hope to see more,,and i hope you could put my blog link in your site.I would really appreciate it..;D
Have a nice day.

Mervat said...

Yummy!! This looks terrific. Love the teal and understated lime/apple...perfect!

Melanie said...

I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog every day, although I rarely comment. I love your creativity and style - I'm SOOOO very traditional and conservative in how I dress.

Herbee said...

Love this colour combo! I have a sweater of a similar colour and have only worn it once, because, to me, it screamed "Look at me! I'm a bright sweater!" Now I'll work on pairing it with this green shade. Thanks Audi! : )

LeeHovey said...

Adorable!! I am so glad you never gave up, the color is amazing on you. That color combo in one of my favorites. Love the green shoes too!

Jeff A. Hardy said...

nice blog. I am regular reader of this blog and i have found interesting blog on fashion accessories.

Sal said...

So fun when a languishing item finally finds its place. The cardi really does complement the grass green perfectly.

eednic said...

this outfit is fabulous. i think the color combination is perfect! and i like the way you are still able to show off the detail in the pants. great necklace too!

Kasmira said...

Awesome color combo and those pants are fabu on you!

notSupermum said...

The colours look great together, really fresh.

Le Tasché said...

Love the style of your pants!

kittyscreations said...

J Crew at Goodwill? I wish the thrift stores around here had awesome stuff like that. I absolutely love that vibrant shade of blue in the cardigan.

Glamour-Och-Fläskpannkaka said...

I love your color combinations!

Emily Kennedy said...

I quite like the shape of that cardigan on you, but I get how it's not really a color that one usually finds in the Audi closets. Hm. Well, you worked it well here.