Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cheeky

In accordance with my usual custom, I put together all of the week's outfits on Sunday. Since it was evening and I was drinking wine at the time, I felt considerably cheerier then than I did yesterday morning when I got up and started trying to figure out which of the outfits I felt like wearing. The first outfit hanging there in the closet was this one. I asked myself, "Do I feel cheeky enough to wear the shorts today?" Of course I didn't; it was 6:30 in the morning and I was out of bed and not even caffeinated yet. But since that's the case pretty much every morning, when was I ever going to feel cheeky enough to wear it? So then I asked myself, "How cheeky do I WANT to feel today?" And thus, the shorts became the obvious choice.

These are the new Fly London boots I was telling you about on Monday. They have a retro space age vibe that I love, and were surprisingly comfy for the first wear. The calves were a bit tight at first, but they stretched as the day progressed and felt just fine after a few hours. You'll be seeing lots more of these boots, I'm sure.

Hat: Parkhurst
Shirt: thrifted
Vest: A. Byer
Shorts: Mango
Tights: Falke
Boots: Fly London
Jewelry: Betsey Johnson

11 comments:

Sal said...

Yes! Dress for how you WANT to feel. Love those layers - the vest with the skinny belt looks fab.

GeminiJulia said...

This outfit is fantastic. I bet you were in a better mood after you put it on too!

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Yes, I am never cheeky that early! I am so impressed you can plan ahead, I figure mine out every morning in the last 10 minutes.

lunarossa said...

Absolutely love this outfit. Great boots and great shorts. Works a treat! Ciao. Antonella

bekster said...

I have toyed with doing the shorts with tights and boots thing myself. Every time have I decided against it (except for Halloween* because then I WAS feeling cheeky--and I had an excuse). Did you get any kind of reaction from people around you? I think that is a killer look, but... I'd really have to think long and hard about how much attention I really want from the bag boys at the grocery store. It looks great on you, in any case.

*I was a leopard for Halloween, so I wore a leopard print shirt with brown shorts/tights/boots and leopard accessories, like gloves, ears, and a tail. I wore that out trick-or-treating with the nephews/nieces and had a dirty old man in the neighborhood offer to take me "shagging". It was great.

Work With What You've Got said...

This looks amazing on you, just adorable.

CompassRose said...

Fly London Amazon's US and "Canada" store can bite me. It says that right there across the top, and then they didn't tell me until checkout that they could only ship one(!) pair of the five I chose outside the continental US. Damn them. I didn't even buy that one pair, after that.

I'm just sayin'. I got all excited when I saw your post, and when I did a search and saw the magical name of my country right there, on a site with giant sales that were worth it even after customs fees - and then to find it was all a lie...

Agata Natalia said...

Love the look!

Jessica said...

This vest and shirt combo really do something for me. Though, I can't put my finger on it, I love it!

Audi said...

Bekster: No, I didn't get any comments on the fact that I was wearing shorts. But then, my coworkers are pretty much immune to my sartorial shenanigans by now.

CompassRose: Wow, what a bummer about your Amazon experience. I guess I always just assumed they could ship anywhere.

Emily Kennedy said...

LOVE the new boots! Really! They are so cool. I'm really happy for you that you got them on discount!