Monday, February 2, 2009

80's Night


On Saturday Mark, Jess and I attended an 80's party where our friend Tom's band was playing. Jess and I spent several hours that day scouring the huge Goodwill store on Mission Street in search of the perfect outfits. We came up with a rocker look for Jess and a loud preppy look for me. Mark sported a new wave look, though his skinny black tie is barely visible here.

Ironically, I wouldn't have been caught dead in this getup when I was in high school in the 80's (not that I would now either, unless I was going to an 80's party, of course). I would've been dressed a lot more like Jess, in fact. In The Breakfast Club, she'd have been the Molly Ringwald character and I'd have been Ally Sheedy, but for Saturday night's party it was a bit of role reversal.






How perfect was it that we found a t-shirt with a picture of the Space Needle on it for Jess??

5 comments:

Sal said...

Aaaahhhhh!!! You all look AWESOME. Were there prizes? Did you win?

Kimberly said...

Wow, you are a vision in aqua, my dear! You all look fab!

bekster said...

We went to see an 80's band on Saturday (and the week before) as well. The first time, I pulled out a great striped shirt, wrapped it with an awesome belt, and managed to get my hair pretty "big." I felt real cool. However, the second time, we came from eating at a nice-ish restaurant, so I just felt really blah. I wished that I had put a little more "80's" into my ensemble. We're supposed to see the band again in a few weeks, so now that I know it's worth the effort to go all out with the outfit, I'll probably be coming back to this post for inspiration. :)

mummabee said...

Love the outfits!!! I want that skirt Jess is wearing - uber cute!!

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

So fun, your look is so over the top Audi!