Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday Parties

Mark is finally making an appearance on my blog today. On Saturday we had a 'pre-party' gathering and 2 holiday parties to go to; one for my work and one thrown by some friends of Mark's. These were our outfits for the evening's festivities.

I found this dress in a little shop in the Marais district of Paris. The wrap part is removable, but I think it looks cuter with it on. The wrap is made of boiled wool, as is the back panel of the skirt. It's a very unusual design, and I'm happy I finally got to wear it. Because the dress is dark brown with thin black stripes in the pattern, it goes really well with these ecru-trimmed black boots by John Fluevog. Mark's outfit features this fantastic vest we found at a store in the Haight called Ceiba. His shoes are also by John Fluevog.

Both of our hats are my own creations. In fact, I whipped up Mark's derby hat on Friday night, and trimmed it on Saturday morning. Mine was made during my recent millinery workshop, although since that time I redid the trimming on it. The hats got a lot of attention at all the parties we attended.

8 comments:

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Oh you both look great!! Those hats are wow I'm so impressed.

notSupermum said...

So nice to finally 'meet' Mark. You look so happy together.

estrella said...

You both look just GREAT. I especially love your dress and Mark's vest+shirt.

Kimberly said...

Nice to meet you, Mark. You both look great and the hats are a great addition. As for the dress, Audi - it looks fantastic. You will have to post a picture of the back sometime.

Stephanie N. said...

You both look amazing. For some reason, it makes me think of steampunk.

Sal said...

Smashing! Holy cats, you both look totally amazing. And, of course, I'm just gleeful to see such a stylish couple BOTH wearing Fluevogs.

Mark is a handsome cuss, Audi, and made even more handsome by his custom-made bowler.

secondhandshopper said...

LOVE that dress! It has real wow factor!

Emily Kennedy said...

Waaay cute: dress, Mark, vest, hats. Way cute!