Thursday, September 18, 2008

Seatbelt

This pretty dress is another from the Red Dress Shoppe. This is not the second of the new ones; I didn't feel like ironing this morning so that one will have to wait. By the way, let me just state for the record that I have no affiliation with the store, I just really love the clothes, the prices are very reasonable, and the service is excellent. I'm always happy to recommend a business when it meets that description, especially when it's small and independently-operated. The Red Dress Shoppe also has a blog now, which you can see here.

On a completely unrelated note, I have this to say to car manufacturers: If someone would design a seatbelt that doesn't leave wrinkles across your lap and between your boobs, I would buy your car for that feature alone. Is arriving to work looking freshly-pressed really too much to ask of our vehicles?

That said, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this particular dress did not wrinkle nearly as much as I feared it would. Too bad I didn't know that before I spent the entire trip to work fidgeting with my seatbelt and trying to keep it loose enough not to crush the fabric. By the way, I'm considering taking a couple of inches off the hem of this dress so that it hits just below the knee. Do any of my lovely readers have an opinion on this?

Cardigan: e-klah
Belt: came with a Noa Noa skirt
Argyle print tights: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Steve Madden
Bangles: a present from Sal




7 comments:

workthatwardrobe said...

I love the dress but think you are right, it seems to hit a midway point at your calves.
Thanks for the tip about the Red Dress Shoppe. I checked their website and no wonder you want t spread the word.

Kasmira said...

I say hem it! (But then, I'm always on the side of shortening.) You have nice legs and a higher hemline will show off your funky tights collection.

Sal said...

Since all your frocks leave me giddy with envy, I will definitely be hitting up the Red Dress Shoppe as soon as ye olde finances loosen up a bit. This is another gorgeous little number. I love that neckline! And I'll chime in as a third: Hem away. Not that it isn't adorable as-is, but above the knee is always more flattering.

Karen said...

I say leave the hem alone. Not every single skirt has to hit at the knee. The French ladies I asked said they think below the knee is chic.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I'd shorten it, but still lovely at this length.

Anchibride said...

Adorable outfit! It's got great retro flair.

I say leave the hem as it is. I just read in a book ("Before You Put That On" by Lloyd Boston) that mid-calf is the worst hem length because it will make you look heavier. I didn't know that. Every style advice book I've read says that knee-length is the most flattering.

Emily Kennedy said...

Super cute dress. I agree Red Dress Shoppe has some excellent stuff, and they are really cool folks. I think the other dress you got from there, the gray one, is really the perfect length on you, so I definitely would bring the hem on this one up an inch or two.