Monday, September 8, 2008

Sack

This is the first time I've worn this La Redoute dress. I actually ordered a different one, but this one came instead and I somehow wasn't motivated enough to send it back, so there it hung in my closet for months. The dress by itself is pretty much a shapeless sack, but with this obi belt it has a nice silhouette. I added the leopard pumps in order to be able to mix in some browns, since black and brown is one of my favorite combinations right now.

Dress: Sophie Tonarelli
Scarf: Banana Republic
Belt: Sunhee Moon
Tights: Falke
Shoes: Saks 5th Avenue

7 comments:

WendyB said...

That scarf really makes the look.

workthatwardrobe said...

I love the way you have mixed the shoes and the scarf, the colours work so well.
It has given me some ideas for a shapeless black dress I have.

notSupermum said...

Love the shoes, but overall a very conservative (but elegant) outfit by your normal standards. Lovely!

Sal said...

Glad to see you in so many scarves. A mysterious comment that will make more sense when the box I'm sending you today finally arrives. Or may make perfect sense now since I am completely transparent.

Lavender said...

Love your blog. I'm so with you on the need to post to deal with style unconsciousness in the work place. I think engineers might be a lot like scientists.

Alli said...

Love this look... very subdued, yet still snazzy. I agree with WendyB, the scarf really pulls it together.

Emily Kennedy said...

La Redoute sent you a different dress than what you ordered twice?? WTF? Didn't they do that with the pink dress from several months before this post? Geez.

Anyways, it's good when it's a black dress, because you can wear it so many ways, specially considering your lovely collection of vests, belts, and scarves.

Also, love that you paired it with these shoes. You look amazing in them.