Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Regal

Sorry for yesterday's lack of post; it turned out that a night of insomnia followed by a morning at the dentist was all I could take for one day, so I stayed home in my grubbies.

Today's outfit is a mix of jewel tones and has an interesting makeup. It is actually 2 layered skirts; the gray one hiked all the way up, the teal one hiked up to my ribcage, and the belt holding everything in place. I love all the soft drapey fabric together, and the richness of the colors prompted one of my coworkers to say I looked regal.

I'm not even sure what to call the top, as it's somewhere between a cardigan and a wrap. The long wings that drape down the front can be wrapped around the waist and tied in the back, flung over each opposite shoulder like a wrap, tied together and draped behind the neck in a loose cowl, and a multitude of other configurations I probably haven't even discovered yet. Over the weekend I was looking for a colorful turtleneck to take with me on my upcoming trip, but settled on this instead because I felt it was more versatile.

Top: I'm not sure; the tag just says, "S"
Gray skirt: Same as the top
Teal skirt: LA Made
Tights: American Apparel
Shoes: Steve Madden

16 comments:

workthatwardrobe said...

Did the dresses stay in p lace or were you hoiking them up and down. I love the look. I have a similar grey cardigan in my closet which I don't wear that often. You have given me an idea.
Regal? Yes - but in a good way.

metscan said...

Just wondering why you always pose in the same way?

dottie said...

Soooooo elegant!

Karen said...

I love, love, love your fashion sense. You are officially my favorite fashion blog. To me you are the epitome of put together, but with a huge side of flair topped with individuality and FUN. This ensemble is no exception.

Audi said...

Jane: The skirts stayed in place with no problem; I suspect this was helped by the fact that both are very light and stretchy, and also by the fact that the belt is made of elastic and really clings in place. Nothing moves under that sucker.

Metscan: I've wondered the same thing myself. I'm actually just not very photogenic, so I end up taking a lot of pictures and choosing the ones with the same old poses again and again because they're the only ones that don't look completely dorky. I'm still trying, though!

Karen/Dottie: You are too kind! Thanks, ladies.

Work With What You've Got said...

Oh my gosh. That is STUNNING. A perfect combination.

I have a few of those wrap type things and I never though to belt them.

If you figure out where you got that one, I would love to know, the color is so pretty!~

Monique said...

Lovin the layers! And the belt is fantastic.

Karen said...

Audi, "You're so dressed UP!!!" HA! I love what you do with your neverending wardrobe. Please take a photo of your closet for us??? Please???? I must see! I like your poses, and have tried to emulate, but I always end up with bug eyes or a super long nose!

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I want one of these sweaters!!

Anchibride said...

This is really elegant!

Donell said...

Such a pretty outfit! Love your hair too.

Audi said...

Work With What You've Got/Hailey: I got the cardi/wrap at a boutique here in SF called Ambiance, I'm just not sure what the brand is called because it just has this little squiggly 's' on the label and that's all. However, I suspect we might be seeing a lot of these this season, as the store had a whole rack of them in different colors and made by different manufacturers. So I would imagine that a similar item should be fairly easy to find. This one is made of a really light, slightly textured jersey knit, but I saw heavier ones too.

Karen: I promise I WILL do a post in the not-too-distant future on my closet (actually, I have 2 that are solely dedicated to clothes and shoes). First though, I need to get my best friend's wedding and my vacation out of the way, and then I can concentrate on a couple of home projects, the first being to fix the light in my big walk-in closet, without which it will be nearly impossible to photograph. Stay tuned!

Rhia said...

Gorgeous dress! Everything matches perfectly and suits you very well!

Kimberly said...

How did I not comment on this last week? I love this combo - the layers, the colors - oh so wonderful! Love it, Audi! BTW, miss you and hope you are having a fabu vacation!

Always In Style said...

Oooh, lovely color combo!

Alli said...

Love this combo! Great colors, great shapes.