Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Indian Summer

We're getting a nice stretch of warm weather here in San Francisco that calls for bare legs and arms once again. Dare I hope that our Indian summer has finally set in and will stick around for awhile? And here I was getting a little excited at the thought of pulling out my wool skirts and sweaters.

Today's outfit was another morning throw-together, so I started with this dress to make it easier. Come to think of it, I've used this dress as a starting point for a last minute creation before. The fit and length make it very flexible to work with; I can layer over and/or under it with great success, and the bold pattern makes the outfit interesting without needing to add too much more embellishment.






Dress: Crystal Candy, via Lady Language
Top: from The Red Dress Shoppe
Shoes: Joy Chen
Bracelet/matching necklace: Betsey Johnson

9 comments:

WendyB said...

Cute dress!

workthatwardrobe said...

Loved reading your posts over the last two days. Glad you had a good time and it's nice to have you back.
Can you send some of that sunshine over to the grey UK please!

Sal said...

Another stunner. What a fantastic ensemble, lady! And eesh, thanks for linking to the Red Dress Shoppe ... never visited, but will now frequent.

Sal said...

Hey beautiful! Just in case you don't wander back today, I'm doubling up. ;)

Audi - For REALS? Could this be the best day ever??!? I wear anything in the 7.5-8.5 range. I will totally find something awesome to trade you if they happen to be my size. Squeeeeal!

Sorry to anyone reading these comments who thinks I'm a complete loon.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Pretty layering, thanks btw for tagging me :-) I had noone knew to tag so I didn't pass it on (oops!)

editor said...

you have an evident passion for color and wonderful silhouettes. i really enjoyed scrolling through the great outfits your posted here.

E said...

The blue drapey top is beautiful. Clever layering!!

ShopDownLite.com said...

I love that dress and the layering effect. Dumb question - but when you are at work - do you have to wear a cover up thing? And if so how does that impact your choices? This is me assuming your working with beakers and the like :-)

Audi said...

shopdownlite: I used to work in the lab and had to wear a lab coat and safety glasses, which made many outfits a challenge. These days manage scientists rather than being in the lab myself, so I'm in an office or a conference room for most of my day and can wear what I want. Not that I don't miss the old days of beakers and lab coats...