Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Birthday Suit

Since today is my birthday, I thought I'd go out on a limb and wear something that I'm not 100% sure is actually work-appropriate. Hey, if you can't get a little cheeky on your birthday, when can you? In case anyone is wondering, I am 39 today, and I don't feel one bit old. It must have something to do with the fact that I'm in love. =)

I got these shorts at Mango a few years ago and haven't yet been brave enough to wear them at work, and now I really can't figure out why. With the addition of the tights, button-down shirt and structured jacket, the whole outfit has the appearance of a casual suit, which is actually far dressier (not to mention more stylish) than what most of my colleagues wear on a daily basis. I think you'll be seeing more of these shorts in the future. The jacket is by Max Studio, shirt from Promod, tights from Noa Noa, and boots from Bata.

17 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy birthday!!

WendyB said...

Happy birthday! And cute outfit.

Ragster said...

Happy Birthday! You look super Fab, and congrats on being all loved up!

M said...

At first glance I thought this was a jumpsuit! The monochromatic combination looks good, and work-place-appropriate. I like short shorts with opaque tights, preferably worn with flats. Unfortunately my legs aren't as slim as yours so I don't think I could pull it off.

Jessi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I would have never guessed you were 39! Not in a million years!

Sal said...

HOORAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your sassy birthday suit. Let us know if any of your coworkers balked. Though I imagine they were all simply envious of your impeccable style.

Kasmira said...

Happy Birthday! I've wanted to try the shorts/tights combo since last year but figured I was too old. You look super!

*Lady D* said...

Happy Birthday! You look Fab!

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Happy Birthday!!

Kimberly said...

I'm a day late, but happy b-day, sweetie! You look fab and I would have never guessed 39 (not that there is anything wrong with it) since you are so cute and hip! The outfit is super great ~ seriously you are the queen of layering.

Leslie said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it was a great one!

CherylStillSews said...

Just had to wish you a happy birthday as I realised we were born on the same day in the same year. What a fun coincidence - we can turn 40 together next year. I'm a fairly new reader to your blog and love your style - keep it up.

Anchibride said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! May you have an awesome year ahead!

And I absolutely adore the jacket. ^_^

Audi said...

Sal: No, none of my coworkers balked; in fact, I got several compliments on the birthday suit. I concluded that the shorts are in fact just fine for my workplace.

Kasmira: YOU, too old for shorts and tights? I think not!

CherylStillSews: Huzzah, a fellow Virgo! Happy birthday to you too!

a cat of impossible colour said...

Happy birthday! Sorry I'm a bit late :)

Songy said...

my favourite.

Salix Tree said...

This is a very cute look for you, you look fantastic in it. Hope you had a fun birthday!