Thursday, September 4, 2008

Belt By Kimberly

This adorable belt, made by the equally adorable Kimberly, arrived the other day in the mail after I won it from her blog. She sent it with a narrower piece of ribbon to use as the belt part, but since today's outfit needed a heavier band to hold everything in place, I used this wider piece of grosgrain ribbon I happened to have from another skirt. Since Kimberly made the flower as a separate piece that pins on, I can put it on just about anything. Thanks Kimberly, your crafting skills rock!

The skirt is from an unknown manufacturer. It's actually longer and has a waist that folds over, but today I unfolded it and hiked it up to wear as a dress. The shirt is from H&M, leggings from Kersh, and shoes by Bobbi Blu. The scarf was a gift long ago from my sisters, and has colorful little martini glasses all over it. The earrings are from a vendor on the Charles Bridge in Prague.

9 comments:

WendyB said...

Great colors.

Leslie said...

cute look! love the colors and that belt is adorable!

Anjeanette said...

Love the purple! And its always fun to win stuff!

Kasmira said...

This is such a cute, fun look!

Kimberly said...

I love it on the wider ribbon! I was copying JCrew's design with the skinny ribbon, but I think they need you on their design staff because this is cuter! The colors in this outfit are genius and the martini scarf is so fun!

Sal said...

You really do have a knack for concocting superbly unexpected color combos, lady.

workthatwardrobe said...

Love the look. Do your colleagues get any work done. I would spend the whole day talking clothes with you!

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

cutest shoes. No haven't read Lolita but it has been added to the list of books to read :-) I'm in the middle of Bonfire of the Vanities (a book that I've had a million yrs but never read).

E said...

I like the belt on the wider ribbon, too. LOVE it all!