Friday, September 19, 2008

Ballerina

I messed with my camera settings today and didn't have time to change them back, so the photo quality leaves a little to be desired. However, it hopefully shows the navy blue color of my waistcoat, as well as the white pinstripes on it. I hit upon this combination of navy and soft pink by accident, but I quite like it.

These shoes were sent to me in a care package from Sal. My first thought was to pair them with my teal Anthropologie skirt, but then I spotted this tulle skirt hanging in my closet and thought it would make an even better match. These shoes are quite demure, and paired with the tulle they have a ballerina quality that's very pretty. Adding the structured waistcoat kept the whole thing from looking too dainty. I couldn't resist adding a little Photoshop magic to the closeup shot to accentuate the softness of the look.

Top: H&M
Waistcoat: Guess
Skirt, hat, tights: Noa Noa
Shoes: Tsubo

7 comments:

notSupermum said...

Audi, this is a gorgeous outfit - probably my favourite of yours so far. Just lovely.

Anchibride said...

I heart tulle skirts! Yours is really pretty ... love the color. It makes the skirt kind of seasonless, I think.

I wish I could do a tulle skirt, but I don't think I can quite get away with it, the way I'm shaped.

WendyB said...

Love this outfit!

Sal said...

I KNEW you could work those shoes. They look marvelous with this outfit, and aren't they just the comfiest evar?

Nature Grafitti said...

adorable outfit :)

D'Rae said...

Audi, the traveling scarf will be traveling it's way to you tomorrow. (9-23-08). I meant to mail it out this morning, but forgot to stick it in the mailbox before I left for work.

Erina said...

I love the peak of tattoos from your clothes! Any fashion advice on tattoos and clothes?