Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Leslie's Challenge

I finally got around to taking Leslie's Red, White, and Blue Challenge today. It's not that I've been lazy or that I haven't wanted to, it's simply that it keeps slipping my mind. Because the truth is... and I know this is going to be tough to swallow, but... I haven't been watching the Olympics. I have a good reason, though, which might be even harder to believe: I don't watch tv. At all. That's right; no cable, no network tv, no nothing. Oh, I own a television alright, but since I get no channels on it, it's really just a dvd player with a screen built in. I know, it's weird. Un-American, maybe, but there it is.





Nevertheless, I was inspired to rise to the occasion not from any Olympic fervor or pang of patriotism, but because I do think that red, white, and blue can look chic together and because I always love a challenge. Dare I also admit that the sexy secretary theme of today's ensemble was inspired by the fact that I knew Mark was going to be coming over tonight?

Blouse: Red Dress Shoppe
Cropped tartan jacket: A. Byer
Navy pencil skirt: Moon Collection
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Blue t-straps: Paolo

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Let me just say that Mark is a lucky, lucky man! You look fantastic. As for the TV ~ good for you. I sometimes feel I would be a better person if I said no the TV, but I just <3 it soooo much!

Kelly said...

Well then I'm unamerican too. My TV is about 20 years old and gets absolutely zero reception. I do manage to watch catch a few shows online, though...but I haven't been watching the Olympics either! It's my dirty little secret!

M said...

Well, this is probably one of your best looks. The skirt is flattering and the colours seems to be well in balance. Chic! I bet the cropped jacket is multifunctional.

Anchibride said...

The color combinations here are really sophisticated. Very cool! And the blue shoes are *perfect*! I've got to try that way of wearing shoes, this Fall.

E said...

I only use my TV for DVDs and CSI: Las Vegas because I'm a nerd like that.

You. Are. Gorgeous! I love this take on red/white/blue and pattern mixing!

And great hair cut!

*Lady D* said...

Digging the blue shoes!! I'm looking for a pair in that shade.

Leslie said...

Polka dots and plaid! You are my pattern mixing idol! Love it!

And you arent missing much on the Olympics now. Its all boring stuff. With fully clothed men. Blah.

a cat of impossible colour said...

Ooh, I love this! Especially the blue heels. And the tartan jacket. The cropped shape of it looks really good with the pencil skirt, and I like the bit of sleeve that's peeking out, too. Lovely!