Here's another variation on the classic secretary look. I always feel very sexy sporting an outfit like this one. The leopard print top is slightly sheer and is another recent find from Forever 21. The waistcoat is by Sisley (from Benetton), the skirt is a cast-off from my younger sister, the belt is from the Red Dress Shoppe, and the delicious patent leather shoes are from BCBG Girls.
Indulge me while I rant for a moment. Lately I've been noticing an increasing number of women who don't know how to walk in high heels, but insist on wearing them anyway. I feel very strongly that if you're going to rock a pair of sexy heels, you really need to work the strut that goes with them. Here are the key ingredients, in my opinion, to a proper high heel strut:
1. Take long, slow, confident strides. No shuffling.
2. Feet should be pointed forward, not towards one another.
3. Allow your hips, not your legs, to compensate for the angle of the heel. This means your butt will sway back and forth as you walk. Don't worry, this is the whole point.
4. Each step should be roughly in front of where the last one fell. In other words, don't lumber along with your legs spread apart like a rodeo cowboy. Imagine you're taking a roadside sobriety test.
5. Stand up straight, for crying out loud!
If this still isn't making any sense, try studying the long shot of Marilyn Monroe walking along the dam in Niagara. Either that, or please, please quit wearing heels if the best you can pull off is a pigeon-toed shuffle like a 5-year-old playing dress up in her big sister's clothes.
Ahh, I feel better.